.

.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

All good things...

You may have been wondering why I haven't posted since the end of June.

I've been in St. Lucia for the past several days.

The resort we're at has a full slate of activities and classes every day, so one can keep busy with yoga, Pilates, golf, hiking or various water sports.  I've done yoga, both gentle and not-so. 


I've been Hobie Cat sailing with my husband, and I've walked on the beach.  (Walking on sand is very good exercise, really!)
  
A view of the resort from the Hobie Cat.

There are chaise longues and umbrellas on the beach, with flags beside the chairs, that one can flash if desperately in need of a towel or a cold, frosty drink.  Lying in the sun is not my thing, but I did plant myself in a chair for half an hour yesterday, just so I could put up a flag and order an iced tea.  

The view from our room.

I've finished five books since we arrived here 9 days ago.

But sadly, today is our last full day here.  We must leave tomorrow morning, and return to cooking our own meals, washing dishes, and making beds.

I am sorry to be leaving, but I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and having a whole house to live in, not just a room that doesn't quite have enough closet space for two.  

Sleeping in my own bed will be wonderful, too.  

What are you doing this summer?





No comments:

Post a Comment