.

.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bouchercon 2014 Wrap-Up: Teen Tuesday




Last week, I listed the teen events that were scheduled for Murder at the Beach. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend all of them because there was just so much going on!

I had to miss the first teen-themed panel, Dystopian YA, because it was scheduled on Friday afternoon at the same time as a panel I was moderating called No Computers, No Cars, No Problem

I did make it to the Teen Angst panel first thing Saturday morning, with panelists Cara Brookins, Janie Chodosh, Margaux Froley, and Owen Laukkanen.  Moderator Joelle Charbonneau won the Anthony Award the following evening for The Testing, the first novel in The Testing trilogy.

Joelle Charbonneau; Cara Brookins

Janie Chodosh, Margaux Froley, Owen Laukannen


I also missed the Guest of Honor interview with Eoin Colfer, because I was "room monitor" for a fantastic panel called Kick-Ass Women (details to come later in the week).

Sunday morning was a panel of middle-grade authors, which was also a lot of fun.

(L-R) Leslie Blatt, Sarah Smith, Penny Warner, Carol Hughes, Gay Kinman, Keir Graff


Sadly, the event I'd been looking forward to all weekend, a YA "Fan-Fest" brunch on the Queen Mary, was cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.  

But it was an amazing, exciting, exhausting con that sped by much too quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment