.

.

Stuff and Nonsense

Friday, August 30, 2024

Bouchercon 2024 - Murder and Mayhem in Music City



Perhaps I should start at the very beginning.

I've been hesitant to join large gatherings (like conventions) since the pandemic, and hadn't intended to attend this year's Bouchercon

But, my friend (and avid supporter), author Kelli Stanley (who is one of the guests of honor this year), contacted me about a Special Event she was planning for Friday night, and hoped I would participate.  I waffled for a few days, but deep down, I knew I'd agree.

I soon learned that the Event Kelli was planning would turn out to be called Free BooksI plan to blog about the actual event in more detail after it happens, but to learn more about it right now, please click on the link above.


Day 1 - Wednesday, August 28

I didn't expect to be on any other panels at all, but at the last minute, was added to two panels, both on the same afternoon.

The first one was called Please Pass the Biscuits, and focused on cozy mysteries, and I was the moderator. 


The four panelists were cozy mystery authors (L-R) Kelly Oliver, Carol Finizza, Peggy Doviak, and Linda Griffiths-Gish.  We had a lot of fun discussing the authors who inspired them, and their reasons for writing cozy mysteries.


The second one  was called Silence in the Library, and was moderated by Heather Graham.  I knew going into it that being a panelist is a lot more difficult for me than being a moderator.  I think I rambled and babbled more than I needed to, but comments were very kind.  The other, more articulate panelists were all authors, and shared their favorite library stories.  


(L-R) Marcy McCreary, Kelli Stanley, me, Heather Graham, Tierney James.

That was one of the last panels of the day, and I slipped out as quickly as I could, because my husband had scored tickets to a club in downtown Nashville, to hear a Canadian singer named Alli Walker.


More to come tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment