.

.

Stuff and Nonsense

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Bouchercon 2024 - Day 2 - Thursday, August 29

 I know, I know.

I posted on August 30 that I'd continue my Bouchercon recap the next day, and here it is more than a week later.

In my defense, we rose before dawn on August 31 to catch a 6 a.m. flight home.  Which meant that although we arrived home by 9:30, we  spent a good deal of the remainder of the morning catching up on sleep.

And then I woke up the next day coughing and sneezing.  I'm still coughing a bit, but feeling much more energetic.

So... Thursday at Bouchercon, there were few panels that caught my interest, except for the guest of honor interview:  Andrew Child (aka Andrew Grant) interviewed historical author g.o.h. Kelli Stanley.  

The subject matter ranged from Kelli's childhood in Northern California to her interest in history and classics, which eventually led to Kelli writing two  historical fiction series.  



Kelli is also an activist, and created Nasty Woman Press, which in 2020 published the Anthony Award-winning anthology Shattering Glass.

Kelli was  the brains behind the Free Books event scheduled for the next evening, which both Andrew and I were participating in (to be covered in another post).

That interview was really the only event I attended that day.  I did scour the book room, but mostly I hid in the hotel room and tried to get over the jet lag.


More to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment